Pierrepont’s 4TH ANNUAL SIXTH GRADE Career Day
March 20, 2020
ENERGETIC & PASSIONATE PROFESSIONALS WANTED!
Purpose of The Pierrepont School Career Day
The purpose is to offer students the opportunity to gain insight on various careers to help them develop career goals that will assist them to make a more sounded career decision for his or her future. In addition, the career day will also provide guidance to students in learning about the many great colleges and universities that New Jersey has to offer.
The Goal of Pierrepont School's Career Day
Our goal is to provide our students with speakers who are excited about what they do and will help our students start to see all the wonderful future possibilities that education creates for them. Additionally, we want to make our students aware of choosing a career that can help them retain a job in today's changing economy as well as a career that will help them to pay off any debt that is acquired in order to enter the specific profession.
Logistics of The Career Day
We will have 2 "Career Presentation Sessions" that will last 30 minutes for each session.
• A Welcome Guest Speaker Reception will be provided by the Guidance Department beginning at 8:00 a.m. as a thank you for your time and coming to speak to our students about your profession.
• The first session will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the second session will begin at 9:00 a.m. You will be able to leave the Career Day by 9:35 a.m. to continue your day/ return to work.
• Approximately 20 to 25 students will be your attendance for each session.
• Students select who they want to see for the Career Day and will travel to the room that you will present in for both sessions. Students will make their Career Day Schedule three weeks prior to the Career Day in order to ensure that everyone has two sessions selected.
• The session should include some time for questions and answers.
• Please include the following information in your presentation (if possible):
Required education background for the career & Any special certification/ test for the career
Estimated length of the Program Completion (i.e. 2 years, 4 years, Graduate School) \
Prospective starting salary in the profession o Estimated tuition cost to graduate for the career (We want to make students aware of the term "Debt-To-Income Ratio")
Handouts and visual aids are helpful, especially in 6 Th grade.
If you require copies- please send them in advance to Stavros Siskas and he will make copies for you.
We have projectors to present any (Power Point, Video Clip, etc.). Just please let Stavros Siskas know in advance
EFFECTIVE THIS YEAR, WE KINDLY ASK YOU TO SHARE YOUR PRESENTATION BY UPLOADING IT TO THE DROPBOX. OUR GOAL IS TO MINIMIZE ANY TECH ISSUES BY HAVING ALL SPEAKERS PRESENTATIONS READY FOR DISPLAY.